Christine Lelond Your Home Expert

(306) 230-5220

Using candles safely

Like most home products, candles are safe as long as you use them
properly. The problem is thinking that as long as a candle doesn't fall over
or come into contact with anything flammable, it is okay.
However, according to the National Candle Association (
there's more you can do to ensure candle safety.
• Do not place candles where they can be knocked over by pets. (Cats
can be particularly fascinated by the flickering light.)
• Trim the wick to 1/4 inch before burning. A long wick can cause the
candle to drip.
• Don't burn a candle all the way down. At about two inches, put the
candle out.

• Despite what you see in movies, don’t try to bravely extinguish a
candle with your fingers.
• Avoid using a candle during a power outage. Use flashlights instead.
• Never use a candle as a night light next to your bed.
And, of course, never leave a candle burning unattended. If you need to
leave the room, put the candle out.

No comments

Post Your Comment:

* indicates required fields.
Your Name: *
Please note, your email will not be shown publicly
Your Email (will not be published): *
Comment: *
Please type the text as it appears above:
The Saskatchewan REALTORS® Association (SRA) (SRA) IDX Reciprocity listings are displayed in accordance with SRA's MLS® Data Access Agreement and are copyright of the Saskatchewan REALTORS® Association (SRA).
The above information is from sources deemed reliable but should not be relied upon without independent verification. The information presented here is for general interest only, no guarantees apply.
Trademarks are owned and controlled by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Used under license.
MLS® System data of the Saskatchewan REALTORS® Association (SRA) displayed on this site is refreshed every 2 hours.